How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
ivorylounge, Advocate
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 33534
Experience:  Over 25 years experience
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

My partner has been separated from his wife 20yrs

This answer was rated:

My partner has been separated from his wife for over 20yrs but not divorced. They have no children.
My partner and I have a mortgage and house together in Scotland . If something happens to my partner does his wife have any claim on his savings or our house?
I am afraid that she will as they are still married from what you have written. It would thus be sensible for him to deal with this matter sooner rather than later - by that I mean by divorcing her and resolving any financial arrangements with her now. Happy to discuss. Please remember to rate positively - thanks
ivorylounge and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you