How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12188
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have signed a separation agreement with my estranged wife.

This answer was rated:

I have signed a separation agreement with my estranged wife. I did this voluntarily without legal advice. I want to sign over the house to her as part of the agreement however my solicitor refused as it would be a risk to their partnership and need to find another solicitor who can help with the transfer of title. Can you help me please?
Thank you for your question.
I'm not sure why your solicitor would feel this way. All he has to do is write you a letter of disclaimer in the event that any issues arise in the future.
However, you should get another conveyancing solicitor to deal with this. Whilst experts on JustAnswer aren't allowed to recommend specific solicitors, the best way to proceed is to go to and use the Find a Solicitor link to find a conveyancing solicitor in your area.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you