How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12081
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Can my son get legal aid to gain access to his daughter?

This answer was rated:

Can my son get legal aid to gain access to his daughter?
Thank you for your question.
Yes, in Scotland, legal aid is available for a contact order. He has to qualify financially and have statements to the effect that it is in his daughter's best interests that he should get contact to her.
He can check out his financial eligibility at
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you