How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12190
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have customer owing £1500 delivered personally,with

This answer was rated:

I have customer owing £1500 for goods delivered personally,with invoiced copies left.
But not signed for as a gentlemans agreement,he has been using excuse after Excuse
Not to pay.What action do I need to take to recover.Debt
Thank you for your question.
You need to sue him in the small claim court and raise a court summons. Here is the form of summons:
The procedures can be found at
You have to draft uo the summons, lodge it with the court, have it served on the other party and after the service period ask the court for a decree if he hasn't defended the action or appear in court to pursue your claim if he does.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you