How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12192
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have discovered my husband has been hiding our savings

This answer was rated:

Hi I have discovered my husband has been hiding our savings in his sisters bank account and has numerous accounts in his name where he is hiding our savings I want to divorce him but don t know where to start or what I m entitled to as he refuses to tell me how much money is in the bank. Thank you e Mcglynn
Thank you for your question.
You are entitled to half of all property including savings along with child maintenance and possibly maintenance for yourself.
You have to see a solicitor who will help you with a divorce action and can also get a court order if necessary whereby an investigation can be made into what savings your husband has and where they are.
In the event that you are afraid of what your husband may do, again certain court orders can be taken to protect you and your family.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, you have been very helpful.

E mcglynn