How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12176
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Can my estranged wife of 6 months suddenly stop me seeing my

This answer was rated:

Can my estranged wife of 6 months suddenly stop me seeing my 3 year old son for no reason whatsoever?
Thank you for your question.
No she can't do this nor can she say that she will ask a three year old for his views. If she persists you will have to go to court for a contact order and you would be justified in seeking the expenses of such an action from your wife. As a starting point go and see your solicitor and get a warning letter out to her.
Both parents have equal parental rights and the parent with care must agree to the other parent having regular contact unless there is a very good reason why not.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you