How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12083
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I've received a small claims court summons where the 'statement

This answer was rated:

I've received a small claims court summons where the 'statement of claim particulars of arrestment' are incorrect - is this a basis to defend the claim or shall I simply not defend and agree to pay?
Thank you for your question.
The statement of claim might be wrong but the correct question to ask is whether or not you owe the money and whether they can prove that you owe the money. The statement of claim can always be amended.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your response - I appreciate your guidance