How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12187
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

What are my options can the buyer take me to court (he

This answer was rated:

What are my options can the buyer take me to court (he cannot claim councel tax as dhs want proof that the twenty thousand pounds he gave me has no legal document relating to the property and will not pay him until he produces a leagal document relating
to the sale) amd ca. He take action against me if this is the case whays my legal standing and options
The most you could do is give him a letter saying that the money was a non returnable deposit.
JGM and 3 other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you