My son was stopped and given the breathalyser which he

My son was stopped and given the breathalyser which he failed , he was arrested and taken to the police station, the machine at the station was not working properly, he waited for a doctor and gave a blood test, the police told him he would hear from them, that was 3 weeks ago, will they advise him of the test result, or will he just get a summons in due course if he failed
He will get a summons through if the blood test showed positive. The police won't necessarily contact him separately. He may have been given a duplicate sample of blood which he can get tested himself if he wants.