How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My ex partner is making plans to move from scotland to irekand

This answer was rated:

My ex partner is making plans to move from scotland to irekand and take my 2 daughters aged 6 and 12. I have regular weekend access at the moment and do not consent to this move. What rights do i have? Thanks. Paul.
Thank you for your question.
You must see a solicitor immediately and get a court order stopping the children being taken out of the jurisdiction of the court. The court will then determine what is in the best interests of the children. Where you have regular contact it is unlikely that the court would allow the move to take place.
You must act quickly here.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you