How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 7
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

My property is on the order of the proposed AWPR. I have been

Customer Question

My property is on the order of the proposed AWPR. I have been contacted by an agent acting on behalf of SSE informing me that the original plan to route my electrical supply has changed and that they now need to re-route cables through my garden which will mean large scale excavation. Where do I stand legally with regards ***** ***** leave easement etc. ? If the supply is mine do I have no legal rights to oppose this going ahead ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and will help you with this. I need some more information.
Do your title deeds grant a right of access to service providers?
Have you had service of any statutory orders? To construct a new road the government often have to legislate to allow certain specific types of access.
Can you scan the letter you have received and any other relevant paperwork to***@******.*** and ask the moderator to send the scan toCustomer