How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12067
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My son is special needs and his high school decided to use

Customer Question

My son is special needs and his high school decided to use force by 2 teachers and drag him across a floor which was aggressive and left marks on his arms and back .this was done at the main reception area and humiliated and degraded in front off others. They said it was a health and safety issue as he was sitting on the floor at the wall with his feet sticking out so he tucked his feet in and moved away from a door he was obstructing but still they used force he has adhd and asd. I want to take this alot further what do u think
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've attached a picture of his arm and I'm sure it's caught on cctv .... deputy head teacher that day said it should never have happened and she allows him to sit there all the time as he's waiting on me and he can see me coming through the glass
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
This is an assault technically. Have you considered reporting to the police? Have you met with the head teacher?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Going back in this morning I want to see if the CCTV has caught everything and then make a decision on police and lawyer immediately sick of the education department letting my son down
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Let me know if I can assist you further once you have done this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They have no cctv but have admitted it was aggressive and there wasn't a need for it to happen I'm now calling the police to make it official and I need a lawyer to claim compensation for zac I think ?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your response. As regards ***** ***** to progress a civil claim, you should be able to find a civil lawyer in your area or ask the Law Society to recommend one.