How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12071
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My wife and I have last 5 years been Threatened,Intimidated,Ha

This answer was rated:

My wife and I have for the last 5 years been Threatened,Intimidated,Harrassed,Verbally abused,in the street,we can't have a conversation in our kitchen,but it is put on Facebook.
Now since Xmas night,we have been awakened at around 2am,by him banging on adjoining wall.I have been in court on a lie made by him and his pal.
I have had the police,to my home to complain about him,several times,I have also been to his landlord,with complaints about them,Egging my doors n Windows,banging on my side door at all hours of the night.
There's a lot more,on record,in my house,the wife n I are both in our 70's,they're in early 50's.What can I do apart from suicide.
Thank you for your question.
I don't recommend suicide.
Your course of action is several:
1. See a solicitor and get an interim interdict.
2. Report EVERY incident to the council so that they can instigate ASBO procedures.
3. Report EVERY incident to the police for the same reason.
In this type of situation you have to report every incident every time and work towards getting the local authority to take this seriously and get these people removed by way of ASBO proceedings.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you