How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12065
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My partner has a 7 year old son. We live in Prestwick with

Customer Question

My partner has a 7 year old son. We live in Prestwick with our two daughters and his son stays in Glasgow with his mother. My partner has been travelling to and from to pick his son up when its time to have him, his ex wife refuses to share the travelling. Does he have any legs to stand legally to make her share the travelling?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland.
If there is an order of the court or registered agreement that specifies that the other parent shares in the travelling arrangements then she is bound to so. Otherwise it is for your partner to deal with the arrangements.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.