How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12087
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My brother owns my house can he change the deeds over to my

This answer was rated:

my brother owns my house can he change the deeds over to my name without changing the mortgage?
Thank you for your question.
He can transfer the title to your name, subject to the mortgage and the standard security over the property. That means that he is still liable to the lender. The norm is that permission is sought from the lender to vary the security so that the mortgage is transferred over to you, if it is not intended to pay it off.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you