How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12198
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Is it appropriate doctor to give a statement stating

This answer was rated:

Is it appropriate for a doctor to give a statement stating that a 96 year old man is of sound mind to make decisions on his estate.
when he is in and out of hospital with chest infections putting him in a confused state.
Could she be reported for this or made to retract her letter.
Thank you for your question. The doctor is giving an expression of opinion. If you think that opinion is wrong then you can challenge it, usually by seeking a second opinion from another doctor. If you prove that the doctor was wrong then that may give grounds for complaint to the doctor's professional body or employer as appropriate.
I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you