How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12293
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My partners Ex wife will seek advice from solicitor (stopping

This answer was rated:

My partners Ex wife will seek advice from solicitor (stopping all access to their 13 year old daughter) as he failed to visit her in hospital last Saturday. After saying she (daughter) wants to stay this weekend, has now changed her mind. Please advise!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Thank you for your question.
A court will not be impressed with a mother who withdraws contact to a 13 year old without a very good reason and your narrative doesn't describe a very good reason. The law says that a child over 12 has to have her own views taken into account as well and I presume that the child wants to see her father.
Your partner should speak to his ex wife again. If she maintains the stance she has taken he will have to see a solicitor and make things more formal. What then happens will depend on whether there is an existing court order or whether there isn't and it is necessary to get one to avoid this situation arising in the future.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you