How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12199
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have the RTB my council house and am preparing to do

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have the RTB my council house and am preparing to do so. Reading the literature I note in the qualifying rules that " must be your only or main home".
I was left property by my parents and rent this out. Does this disqualify me from exercising my RTB.
I have lived in my council house for the past 16 years.
No it doesn't disqualify you. Right to buy is based on your own tenancy agreement with the council. Your only or main home has no relevance to property you may own elsewhere
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your quick response.