How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12080
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have a small mortagage on my hause. have been paying only

Customer Question

i have a small mortagage on my hause. have been paying only iteress .bat the term is finisced and the bank now want the capital to be paid. bat i im selling anator property to faund the money to pay back to the bank will they wait
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
If the mortgage term is up the lender can insist on repayment or they may apply to have the house sold. However, many lenders will allow you a period to sell the other property as they seem to have done here. You will have to ask the lender to extend the period until the other house is sold.
One thing not to do is ignore the lender. You have to stay in touch with them and give them updates as to where your are at with the sale of the other property.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.