How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12188
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

What do you do with a company that ignores your letters regarding

This answer was rated:

What do you do with a company that ignores your letters regarding the faulty manufacture of a bespoke fitted kitchen where the laminate is coming away from the unit doors, even though you have provided them with an independent report from the Furniture Ombudsman was sent to them stating that the fault was caused in the manufacture of the product and not a miss use of water on my part?
Thank you for your question.
If they ignore you, you can make a report to trading standards, but there is no requirement for them to make an answer.
The only way to force them is to raise court proceedings. The general rule about consumer complaints is that you can sue in your own local court even if the company is in Scotland, provided that there is no contract condition to say otherwise.
So you should be able to raise this in the English courts.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you