How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12183
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Taking out a mortgage to take over mums mortgage is same house

This answer was rated:

Taking out a mortgage to take over mums mortgage is same house as we both stay in now what do I need a lawyer for
Thanks for your question. The reason you need a lawyer is that your mother granted a Standard Decurity over her house in favour of her lender. She did that when she took out her mortgage. That security has to be discharged and the Discharge registered in the Land Register. At the same time a new Standard Security by you has to be registerd in the Land Register in favour of your lender. A solicitor is the person who does this. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you