How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12068
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Myself and my mum jointly own a house but my mum moved out

This answer was rated:

Myself and my mum jointly own a house but my mum moved out and bought another house , my mum and dad left all bills etc in there names and I paid them , then recently my mum and dad started taking there names off things and putting them in my name. I live in this house with my fiancé of 10 years I have just renewed the housing insurance and put this in my name and my partners , but my mum and dad are demanding that I give them a copy of the housing insurance , so my question is do I legally have to give them this ?
If your mother is still on the title then the insurance for buildings cover should be in the joint names of you and your mother as owners and she would be entitled to a copy of the policy. Happy to discuss further. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that my mother doesn't want anything in her name though