How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12071
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am separated with my husband we both have solicitors

Customer Question

I am separated with my husband we both have solicitors however I would like to ask question regarding traveling with mu=y son abroad. My husband wishes to be notify when I am traveling outside UK and obtain my husband consent. does it means that I need his written permission each time I am going for 2 weeks holidays with son?
Second, He has student loan , myself as well. However his student loan taken from years when we were not married and not lived together. Do I have to share the debts of his student loan from the time we were not married or it is just from the time we were married till the separation started?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
1. The Children (Scotland) Act 1995 says that a child cannot be taken outwith the UK without the permission of the other parent so you should get written permission and take it with you. See online section 2 of the 1995 Act. 2. Debts incurred before the marriage are not marital debts so his student loan would be excluded from the calculation of assets and liabilities.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if I can help you further with this. Can you also remember to leave a positive feedback on the system so that the site credits me for my time. Thanks for using JustAnswer.