How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12076
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

A chinese slept with my ex in 2014,and he used her to post

Customer Question

a chinese slept with my ex in 2014,and he used her to post my information through social media since i knew he cheated on me,i'm a student,some of my schoolmates have seen what she posted online about me,most of her post are unreal stuffs,how can i sue her in the uk?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Where does this person stay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my ex lives in bristol and she was studying in west bristol uni, i never met her before, but i think her visa expired in January(that's how our postgraduate student visa does), i'm not sure if she is still in UK or had gone back to China.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i know her name and saved her photos from her social media. Glasgow policeman had contacted me because my ex reported that i still contacted him when i arrived here last September, and she posted to my schoolmates online that i am going to the prison, and i've been suffering all these ridiculous things since 2014, she even sued me in China, i just can not bear all these any more.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If she has gone back to China, any court order you get in Scotland won't be enforceable in China and as such you would be wasting your time trying to do so. You are better to post on your social media that the posts are untrue so that your friends know to ignore any of these posts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've posted a lot during the two years, it's also wasting of my time.
What if she's still here in uk? She posted a lot to let others think she's living with my ex, but he refused to admit she lives with him, but the only way she could get my information is due to my ex gave to her, obviously he lied.
What you said he might have already thought about, that's why he deleted all his posts and let her to continue posting me.
So I should sue both of them together, but how, that's what i need to know, what should i prepare?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If they stay in Scotland they can be sued in the sheriff court. What procedure you use depends on what you are wanting to achieve. What is it that you are looking for?I am having difficulty in establishing that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately my ex lives in Bristol, do you know english law as well?
in China if someone sue another one for reputational damage and mental damage compensation, the charge is quite a lot
i guess there should be a ban for someone to do the same thing again in the uk, this and above is what i'm wanting to achieve, i know it's hard to do that to an english in Scotland
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I will try to transfer you to English law.