How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12182
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have signed over my car to some one, because I can't drive.

Customer Question

I have signed over my car to some one, because I can't drive. I now want it back. He isn't co-operating. I am still paying for the car 5000+. If he wants to keep the car , is he responsible for the payments?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
What do you mean you signed the car over? Did you try to gift the car away to someone? if the car is on HP then it's owned by the HP company and you can't give it away. You are responsible for the payments and are probably in breach of the agreement by signing the car over to someone else. please explain your situation a little more and I will try to help you.