How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12173
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Need advice on a criminal matter in Scotland. I know someone

This answer was rated:

Need advice on a criminal matter in Scotland. I know someone who got into an argument with a man his wife was cheating on him with. He went to his house and it turned into a physical fight, started by the other man, might I add. My friend ended up hitting him over the head, injuring him quite badly to stop the attack. I'm concerned about what's going to happen to him as I do think he was acting in self defence. He won't talk about it, I don't think it was attempted murder but I'm concerned what charges and punishment he faces, I don't think he deserves to go to prison.
To establish self defence, reasonable force has to be used in a situation where there is no escape route. Do you know any of the facts of the incident at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No sorry, all the information I have, thanks for your help.
Do you know what injury and how serious as regards ***** ***** person?
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All I know is that is was a skull injury, significant time spent in hospital.