How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Looking about my ex boyfriend. He has just been

This answer was rated:

Looking for advice about my ex boyfriend. He has just been found guilty of stalking and had an absolute dismissal. The case has gone on for 5 months and in the time I gave birth to my daughter his child also. I have not put him on the birth certificate and feel he is unstable to have contact with a baby of 4 months and due to the outcome of the court case how likely in a court cituation would he be granted contact?
Thanks for your question. The court is unlikely to deny a father contact with his child. However, the court will take into account your concerns and would restrict the contact or make such orders as are necessary to satisfy your concerns, for example by making the contact visits short and under supervision of you or a family member or even at a contact centre. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the response. If it were to go through a contact centre who is it that decides days and times. I have two children to my ec husband so don't want it to have massive impact on their time and our family time .
Thanks for your reply. The court would set the times if the parties to the case were unable to agree. The contact centre would have to be consulted as to availability.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you