How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12183
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Scottish law I have just seen my mother´s will - my mother

This answer was rated:

Scottish law
I have just seen my mother´s will - my mother has left the house and contents to my sister. In Scottish law is it legal to leave all the house contents to one person. I have been left some money but was hoping for a small momento.
House contents comprise moveable property and as such are subject to legal rights, in other words their value would form part of the legal rights fund in the event of such a claim. However, it was perfectly legal to leave the contents to your sister. It would be her decision as to whether to share any part of that with others.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you