How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12092
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Where do I stand in getting my abusive alcoholic husband to

Customer Question

where do I stand in getting my abusive alcoholic husband to leave our house
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  hhlaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to assist you:-Are you in England or Wales?-When was the last incident of abuse and what did he do-Have the police ever been involved, if so when?-Do you have children in the home, if so how old are they?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
verbal abuse drinking every day some kind of hooch both pensioners no children in the house police not involved as yetl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a few hours ago he threatened to hit me, no children, Scotland, I am 75 he is 78.
Expert:  hhlaw replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for confirming - as you are in Scotland I will allow a colleague who specialises in Scots law to assist you and I will opt out.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. I am a lawyer in Scotland. Police Scotland has a zero tolerance policy on domestic violence and abuse. Call the police. They will take him away. Then see a solicitor and talk to him or her about getting an exclusion order which is a civil court order excluding him from the house and keeping him away from you. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.