How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My elderly Mother living in a remote highland area had a difficult

This answer was rated:

My elderly Mother living in a remote highland area had a difficult neighbour who she believes has encroached on her land. How can we deal with this?
You are on the right lines in respect that the title deeds are a record of what your mother owns. What you need is your mother's deeds to be compared with the situation "on the ground" by a surveyor who should be told about the alleged encroachment. The surveyor will take detailed measurements, produce a comparison plan and a report for your mother. If he reports encroachment then your mother's solicitor can then into,ate a claim to that effect. That is the usual way of dealing with a case like this. Happy to discuss further. Hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you