How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12189
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I'm buying a property in Scotland £106,000 I have 70,000

This answer was rated:

I'm buying a property in Scotland £106,000 I have 70,000 deposit my dad is giving me £10,000 towards it will rbs give me £26,000 morgage I don't have much coming in I have£3000 a year as carer for my mum whom I'm really attached too big time and my partner gives me 400 a month my son who stays with me gives £100 a month, my daughter would be prepared to be guarantor she earns 20,000 plus a year also my partner earns 17,500 a year
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

You would be unlikely to get a mortgage on your own based on the fact that your income is not employment income in the usual sense. However your daughter could guarantee the mortgage or you could buy jointly with your partner and have a contract with your partner that the house is yours notwithstanding that the title and mortgage are taken in joint names. That would protction your deposit. I hope that helps. Happy to discuss further. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you