How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12193
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have a shared garden with my neighbour. It is a 'right in

This answer was rated:

I have a shared garden with my neighbour. It is a 'right in common' for both parties. However, my neighbour wants to divide it in two. I don't. Can they force this though against my wishes? Where do I stand legally?

They cannot do this without your consent. It would require a change in the title deeds and that requires a signature from both parties. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time b

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you