How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12071
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have split from my wife at weekend we own house she has

This answer was rated:

I have split from my wife at weekend we own house she has changed locks on doors and can't get access. I have been main breadwinner in house all the time where do I stand and what are my rights
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I texed a message at woman this morning and still waiting on a reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry should read message at 10 am

You are entitled to access to the house. You can break in if necessary. Insist that you are given a key. You are allowed free access although it would be better practice to give her notice if you are coming to the house. In my experience that is more likely to avoid arguments. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you