How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12080
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My ex partner has breached the terms of our separation

This answer was rated:

My ex partner has breached the terms of our separation agreement, what are my options?

Can you explain your situation a little more please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ex was supposed to have remortgaged our house by May 31st to enable my name to be removed from our joint mortgage. This hasn't happened and she is being less than talkative on the subject. I have spoken to our mortgage provider and they are unaware of any impending changes to the mortgage. I want to move on with my life and buy a new property but I am unable to do so because of this issue.

Your options are: go to court and get an order from the court for her to implement the agreement within a given period, or, go to court and ask the court to make an order to sell the house. That usually focuses minds on the issue. In both cases you would seek the expenses of the action from her. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you