How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12081
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Looking bit of advise. My partner has a wee boy at 4. Never

Customer Question

Hi looking for a bit of advise. My partner has a wee boy at 4. Never been an issue that he has on numerous occasions stayes wirh us. My partner has been aifnedroff work with stress and anxiety but his doctor states he ia fit to look after his son.beside that since he has been put on anti depressants i have ensured i have always been around. Now rhe ex out or spite has haa said randomly all of a sudden his son is not allowed to stay mor see him. She has got abit nasty ans throwing accusation that they are drink and drugs involved. This is total umfounded allegations we have tried to find out if she can stop his son seein his dad until. We go to.court ? Please help! Ashleigh Lynas ) ross partner )
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would appreciate if someone could come back to me asap as this is an urgent matter and is putting immense pressure on my partner! You state you have 24 hour support - which ivr paid for ur advice! Can someone please contact me asapThanks Ashleigh
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. As you say, there's no reason why contact arrangements should be terminated. His ex is not acting in the best interests of their son, who is presumably missing his dad. Your partner needs to see a solicitor now and get a letter out to her insisting that contact is reinstated. If she refuses he has to get the solicitor to raise proceedings in court for a contact order. A letter from the doctor would be helpful, but it is very very unlikely that the court will tolerate her behaviour and unfounded allegations. Get an appointment with a family law solicitor immediately. If I can answer answer any specific points in the meantime, please let me know. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.