How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12076
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

About 16 years ago I got girl pregnant I'm disappointed to

Customer Question

Hi about 16 years ago I got girl pregnant I'm disappointed to say I left but recently I have seen pictures of the child and he's my double my names not on birth certificate do I have any rights as I would really like to right my wrongs her now husband is on certificate as father cheers
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't wait
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Unless he wants to see you, you have no right to enter his life at this stage. You do, however, have an obligation to pay maintenance in terms of the Family Law (Scotland) Act 1985. I suggest you tread with some caution here. Happy to discuss further. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.