How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12069
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have a restraining order against me by my ex-partner and

Customer Question

I have a restraining order against me by my ex-partner and want to see my son what is the first thing I should do.
Money is a factor for me and I work, will I need a solicitor and if so how much am I looking to spend?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ex-partner accused me of assault, my restraining order is unit April 2017, I am willing to mediate however I know she is not.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

You will need a solicitor to seek a contact order. You may qualify for legal aid even if it's subject to a personal contribution. You can check your eligibility at If not you can expect to pay £150 to £200 per hour for a family law solicitor who will prepare the papers and represent you in court. It may be that agreement can be reached by correspondence between solicitors without the need to go to court. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.