How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12086
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have taken a small amount of cash for settlement instead

Customer Question

I have taken a small amount of cash for settlement instead of the £150k I was entitled to because my other half of 25 years was still bullying me - can I re open & now go for more. It wasn't put through court & I was in a bad way emotionally at the time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still not one answer to my question & been over the waiting time
This makes me feel nervous
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Did you enter into a written agreement after having taken legal advice. If so then the agreement will stand and you could not open this up again unless you can establish that the minute of agreement was not fiar and reasonable at the time it was entered into. A written agreement would not,ally provide a clause whereby it was fair and reasonable so I think you might have to walk away from this. However, that is the general position. Always take confirmation from your own solicitor who knows the background here. I hope that clarifies the general position. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.