How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12283
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

SHOULD I PURSUE a person who obtained my farm steading

This answer was rated:

sHOULD I PURSUE a person who obtained my farm steading fraudelently and while i was suffering bi polar

Can you explain the situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the late 90s I employed a "factor" to help me in divorce settlement.He sold one of my farm steadings to pay my final divorce settlement. My other steading he appeared to "give away" to the man who bought my small holding who now appears to be the owner/ occupier. The "factor"also forged my former wife's signature which I believe was in order to change the original land deal which I believe would have formed a ransom strip.

If there was fraud involved then you should certainly make investigations into this. You could, if there is sufficient evidence, ask a court to reduce the title transfer. Of course there is an argument that you should have done this before now but assuming you are now going to do this you should be OK as regards ***** ***** as this relates to heritable property. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you