How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12549
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My partner is pregnant and her sister is acting in a

Customer Question

my partner is pregnant and her sister is acting in a sociopathic way messaging her and my partners brother saying she will do anything to have her son and our unborn child taken into care. she was previously taken to court for asaulting a pregnant woman who lost her child but it was unproven in court that she caused the death of the child. Her mother has psychosis and my partners sister was previously getting support from the mental health team but she moved to another region and has hidden for years. my partner and i are concerned for her safety and the safety of our children. her common law husband and her dad know there are issues but wont admit that they are serious. i need her to stop harrasing us through threatening us in this way is there anything i can do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has also messaged my partners brother saying she will forge any documents or evidence she needs to to get our kids off us.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Make sure all the messages are kept, photographed, printed etc so that there is a record. Next see a solicitor to write to her warning her off. If she persists and action for nuisance or harassment can be taken. There is no way she'll be able to succeed in doing what she threatens of course but you can take steps to silence her in this way. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.