How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I live with my husband in a property he signed over to his

Customer Question

I live with my husband in a property he signed over to his mother when he was in debt.
She told us the house was ours until death and then it was to go to my husbands
daughter. we have spent a lot of money making the shambles I moved into a home.
My husband now has cancer and his mother says when he dies i have to find another
place to live as she's moving her grandson into our house. On explaining that I have spent thousands on the house, I was told that nobody told me to do it.
Have I any rights?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

You have no property rights at all. However if you have personally spent money on the property you could ask for compensation for the money spent on the house.