How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Can you give me some advice please. I met my ex when I was

Customer Question

Hello, can you give me some advice please.
I met my ex when I was really young, we bought a house together, had a child and then he had an affair. He bought me out of the house for a sum and I moved into rented accommodation.
the woman he had an affair with then moved in with him 2 years after the affair. He then sent her away cause he didn't want to be with her anymore and came back to me. 3 weeks after she left and us being together, he got together with another woman. They dated for about approx 5 months, maybe more, but again it didn't last and he came back to me. I took him back and we were together since from last September until a few months ago as he came home about two months ago and packed up his things and left. He is now dating another woman which he was texting when we were together and my son had met 4 times prior to me finding out. My son told me as he cried on night.
Regarding my son because all this different woman has been a lot for an 8 year to take in and the situation is confusing. I realise my mistake in all this, but this weekend I made a decision for my son not to see his dad as I feel it's not fair for my son to feel as though he had to compete with another woman.
I would really like some advice as I don't want to keep my son from his dad, but I am being made to feel like a horrible cruel person for only trying to protect him.
Kind regards
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  hhlaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Just a bit more information you fully assist:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-How old is your son?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm from Scotland and my son just turned 8 in July
Expert:  hhlaw replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** opt out and allow a Scots law colleague to assist

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking if you can tell your son's father that he can't have contact to him in the future? Is that basically your question?