How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12183
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My question relates to Scots law. I am separated and living

This answer was rated:

My question relates to Scots law. I am separated and living away from the family home. My younger daughter (13) lives there with her mum. To what extent can my wife control my contact with my daughter? There is no court order in this case.

There is authority to the extent that the parent with care can't interfere with the contact between the child and the absent parent assuming that the best interests of the child are respected. The law says that your contact is yours and the mother should not interfere. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you