How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12072
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Someone has sent me a text message accusing me of saying

This answer was rated:

someone has sent me a text message accusing me of saying that several people known to me in the area where I live as being alcoholics. what action can be taken?

You can ask a solicitor to issue a cease and desist letter to the person concerned threatening litigation if there are any more untrue statements about you. Happy to discuss. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you