How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12076
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

We have a hostel business in Scotland, currently run as a

This answer was rated:

We have a hostel business in Scotland, currently run as a limited company with shares, registered in England.
We want the business to be run as a CIC, registered in Scotland.
Can you tell me please how I go about making the conversion.

You set up a company limited by guarantee and appoint the directors. The assets are transferred, under the supervision of your accountants, I would suggest, to the new company who can then deal with the detail of the CIC.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** help me on my way.