How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12294
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have seperated from my husband a month ago we havent had

This answer was rated:

i have seperated from my husband a month ago we havent had sex in four and a half years ive in the last few months discovered he has a lady friend that he denies having a relationship with do i need to wait to petition for a divorce ?

If you can prove his adultery you can apply for divorce immediately. If you can't you would have to wait until you've been separated for a year if he consents to a divorce or two years if he doesn't. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you