How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12067
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My husband bought a car over 3 years in Jan of this year. He

This answer was rated:

My husband bought a car over 3 years in Jan of this year. He died in August. Do I have to continue paying the car on his behalf? C Bradford

The amount owing under the credit agreement is a debt on his estate. You have to find out how much the finance company is owed and the amount should be paid from his estate. Under some circumstances you may be allowed to return the vehicle. You should check the position with the finance company. Happy to discuss. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you