How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12283
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am retiring at end November from the NHS. I will receive a

This answer was rated:

I am retiring at end November from the NHS. I will receive a pension and lump sum.
My marriage is breaking down and I feel I have no option but to separate from my husband.
To allow me to keep my pension and lump sum and be independent I would prefer he retained the house and his pension (also need from the NhS) when he retires. I would want nothing else from the marriage.

The law says that each party should normally get an equal share of matrimonial property. If your pension value is equal to or less than the value of the house and his pension then what you seek should be achievable. However, make sure you are not short changing yourself and take advice from your own solicitor as regards ***** ***** circumstances. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your prompt reply