How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12181
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I raised a sum of money for my son and wife for a deposit on

Customer Question

I raised a sum of money for my son and wife for a deposit on a house They have paid the 12 thousand pounds i borrowed from the bank But no interest am i able to claim this
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. It depends on the agreement you had with your son and daughter in law. If they agreed to pay all sums due in respect of the bank loan you took out for them then they can be liable to pay you interest. On the other hand if you agreed to lend them £12000 and they paid you back and there was never any mention of interest then they don't have to pay you interest. You have to cast your mind back to what was agreed. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

"for my time" that should read, sorry, predictive text.