How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12179
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am living in Ireland but need to appear in court in

Customer Question

I am living in Ireland but need to appear in court in Scotland on 22nd Nov for a Child Welfare Hearing. Can i apply for Légal Aid in Scotland
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

You can apply for legal aid for a Scottish legal matter even if you don't stay in Scotland. However you have to do this through a Scottish solicitor, you can't do this yourself. You should arrange an urgent meeting, by conference call if necessary to a family law solicitor near to the court that you have to appear in so that the lawyer can apply for emergency legal aid to cover the CWH on 22 November. You'll have to do this very quickly.